Summer (or late spring) in Madrid is the epitome of free concerts. San Isidro is something like a gateway, the festival organized by Radio 3 at the Reina Sofía is the hall and the European Music Day would be something like the main room that gives way to the festivals of towns, neighborhoods, districts and cities.
European Music Day is celebrated on June 24. And as happened last year, Madrid is going to be filled with concerts and free activities in different settings. Although not everything will take place on the appointed date, but they will be distributed between June 13 and 24.
A documentary film series will also be held at the Cineteca de Matadero, where six titles will be screened between June 13 and 18 in an activity carried out in collaboration with the Barcelona Documentary Film Festival (In-Edit).
Madrid full of concerts
June 17 at Matadero
- Ibibio Sound Machine – 7:30 p.m.
- Little Boy Bombo Inferno – 9pm
- Iseo and Dodosound – 10:45 p.m.
- Ammar 808 – 00:15h
On June 21 in Nave 16 of Matadero
- The singing bowls (concert focused on the vibration of Tibetan tales) – 8:00 p.m.
June 21 in Jardines de Sabatini
- Municipal Symphonic Band – 8:30 p.m.
On June 21 at the Pilar de la Peña Auditorium (Hortaleza)
- Tribute to Picasso by the Federation of Bands of the Community of Madrid – 8:00 p.m.
On June 24 at the Condeduque Center for Contemporary Culture
- Audiovisual show Spirit Exit by Caterina Barbieri – 10:30 p.m.