In the same way that book-shaped benches can appear overnight in Madrid, so can musical instruments. More specifically, pianos. and that will be exactly what will happen next April 21, 22 and 23 on the occasion of the celebration of the second edition of Piano City Madrida festival entirely dedicated to this instrument organized by TopArteEspaña in collaboration with the Department of Culture, Tourism and Sports of the Madrid City Council.
The appointment, which took place for the first time last summer, will be repeated this year with 55 free concerts performed by veteran pianists and young talents like Laura Andrés, Mario Fierro, Cristina Mora and Lucía Rey, Ilaria Cavalleri, Sonya Zholobova, Alejandro Pelayo and Álex Aller.
Following in the footsteps of the first edition, the public will be able to attend concerts featuring classical, jazz, jazz-flamenco, contemporary and electronic music. The complete program of this second edition can be consulted at this link.
Where will the piano concerts take place?
These concerts are shared between outdoor locations in the streets, walks or parks of the city and auditoriums or spaces set up for it. The organization has already confirmed the locations for this year and the number of concerts that each of them will host:
- Goethe Institute (Zurbarán street, 21). Five concerts.
- Condeduque (Conde Duque street, 11). seven concerts.
- Museum of History of Madrid (calle de Fuencarral, 78). six concerts.
- Centrocentro (Plaza de Cibeles, 1A). Eleven concerts.
- Ateneo de Madrid (calle del Prado, 21). three concerts.
- Belgian sawmill (Alameda street, 15). Eight concerts.
- Moyano slope (Claudio Moyano street). three concerts.
- Arganzuela greenhouse (Paseo de la Chopera, 10). Eight concerts.
- Slaughterhouse (Legazpi square, 8). seven concerts.
How to get tickets for the concerts?
The concerts are completely free, and in some of them Admission is free until full capacityas is the case of those held in Condeduque, the Cuesta de Moyano and the Madrid History Museum.
However, for the rest of the locations (Centrocentro, Matadero, Serrería Belga, Goethe Institut, the Arganzuela Greenhouse and the Ateneo), Although the entrance is still free, it will be necessary to reserve it in advance. Some concerts already allow reservations while others will open soon. The information can be consulted on the event website.